Photo Organizer

  • Status Closed
  • Percent Complete
  • Task Type Bug Report
  • Category Backend / Core
  • Assigned To No-one
  • Operating System All
  • Severity Low
  • Priority Very Low
  • Reported Version 2.35
  • Due in Version Undecided
  • Due Date Undecided
  • Votes
  • Private
Attached to Project: Photo Organizer
Opened by marcus - 2008-04-20
Last edited by pizza - 2008-04-21

FS#348 - Photo location

I dont' know if this is a feature or a bug. I try to explain my problem:

My geotagged photos contain the country, the province, the city and the sublocation in the IPTC data. In the location of MyProfile and in the location of photo details the sub-location is not shown. Is this correct?


PS: Many thanks for implementating #337!

Closed by  pizza
2008-04-21 12:32
Reason for closing:  Fixed
Additional comments about closing:  r2011 has the fix to the fix.
pizza commented on 2008-04-21 00:34

That sounds like the IPTC import isn't getting the sublocation properly. Can you send me an image so I can test things out myself?

pizza commented on 2008-04-21 00:42

Yeah, the IPTC code is ignoring the 'Sub-Location' field altogether. Apparently it's been that way all along.

pizza commented on 2008-04-21 01:07

I've attached a patch -- committed in r2010. I can't promise it'll work as I don't have anything to test it against.

All current 'locations' that were created are all missing their sub-location, so you'll need to fix them up and/or re-import the images so the IPTC sub-location gets picked up properly. (Or hack something together that re-parses the IPTC stuff. I've done this sort of thing many times before...)

Let me know how it works. I've updated the demo sites (-stable and -devel) with this fix.

   fix.diff (2.3 KiB)

Now it works!

But there's a mistake in common.php. Your stable demo site doesn't run anymore. I think the attached patch could fix it.

pizza commented on 2008-04-21 12:32

It's obvious I didn't test it, yeah. But I must have accidentally committed (and sent off) and older version of the patch instead of what I'd applied to the -devel tree.

Thanks for the fix. :)


Available keyboard shortcuts


Task Details

Task Editing